Growing Up Creative
Nurturing a Lifetime of Creativity
$19.95 | Paperback | Creative Education Foundation (1992)
Here is a myth-shattering look at the most important and misunderstood aspect of a child's development: Creativity. Based on almost 15 years of research with hundreds of children, Growing Up Creative answers the questions parents and teachers ask most frequently: What is Creativity? How is it different from talent or intelligence? And why is it so important? Growing Up Creative is filled with dozens of concrete, hands-on exercises and techniques that can help a parent or teacher keep creativity alive at home and at school. This is research sure to be embraced by any adult wanting to help a child be all he or she can be, happily and creatively. In this book you'll learn:
- What children's creativity is and how to recognize it.
- The basic components for children's creativity.
- The importance of motivation in creativity.
- How home and school environments can destroy children's creativity.
- Techniques that parents and teachers can use to keep children's creativity alive